Gloucestershire Target 2020 is funded through the European Structural and Investment Fund. The project offers up to 5 days energy efficiency consultancy to 300 Small and Medium sized businesses (SMEs) in Gloucestershire. The grants will contribute a maximum of 35% towards energy saving measures and could be worth £500 to £20,000.
The programme is called Target 2020 – Countdown to a Low Carbon Economy. The programme takes a holistic approach to energy use within a business. One of Severn Wye’s business energy advisors will work closely with each business throughout the process. Each business will have:
- Historical energy data analysed.
- An onsite energy survey and report produced.
- Results of the survey presented to management.
- Help creating an action plan broken down in to no cost, low cost and capital cost measures.
- Staff energy awareness training.
- Help to identify potential installers and quote analysis
- Up to 35% funding towards at least two energy saving measures.
- Publicity through the programmes dedicated website and case studies.
Energy efficiency measures that can be supported include (but are not limited to):
· Lighting and controls
· Boiler replacement and controls
· Free cooling
· Variable speed drives
· Process equipment
· Renewable energy production
The programme is open to SMEs who are based in Gloucestershire, but due to funding restrictions the following sectors are excluded from this programme: synthetic fibres, textiles and clothing, motor vehicles, shipbuilding, coal and steel, agriculture, food processing and retail*.
*Retail may be able to receive the consultancy, but not the grant.
Download the attachment below for further information.
- Gloucs T2020 (100 KB)