Worcestershire Target 2020 is funded through the European Structural and Investment Fund. The project offers up to 5 days energy efficiency consultancy to 200 Small and Medium sized businesses (SMEs) in Worcestershire and up to 35% financial assistance to help install energy saving measures.
Each business can receive up to 5 days support including:
- An Energy Efficiency Survey of the business premises
- Analysis of 12 months’ worth of energy data
- Presentation of energy efficiency report to senior management
- Recommendations summarised in to: No cost, Low cost and Capital cost measures
- Help to finalise an action plan
- Support to obtain quotes
- Support through the claims process
- Help to identify further grants.
The programme also has a voucher scheme where up to 35% of the installation cost of energy efficiency measures can be claimed (subject to conditions). The voucher value will be in the range of £500 to £5,000.
Energy efficiency measures that can be supported include (but are not limited to):
- Lighting and controls
- Boiler replacement and controls
- Free cooling
- Variable speed drives
- Process equipment
- Renewable energy production
The programme is open to SMEs who are based in Worcestershire, but due to funding restrictions the following sectors are excluded from this programme: synthetic fibres, textiles and clothing, motor vehicles, shipbuilding, coal and steel, agriculture, food processing and retail*.
*Retail may be able to receive the consultancy, but not the grant.
Did you Know
The 200 businesses that the Worcestershire Target 2020 programme can support represent less than one percent of the number of SMEs in Worcestershire,
What this means
Demand for the programme is anticipated to be high in 2017. So it is recommended that SMEs make contact early to avoid disappointment.
Download the attachment below for further information
- Worcester T2020 (296 KB)